The Corona Test Centre is an institution of the state government of Baden-Württemberg. The call centre at Stuttgart Airport cannot provide further information on the test procedures and individual medical queries.
Corona Test Centre At stuttgart airport
The test center offers PCR tests and rapid antigen tests by appointment at the airport, for
- Passengers entitled to receive a test according to the new entry quarantine regulations of Baden-Württemberg (free testing after a five-day quarantine at the earliest)
- Self-payers wanting to get tested for Covid-19 for personal reasons (to travel abroad and avoid accommodation bans, etc.)
Furthermore all travellers may be tested in specialized places: List of places in Baden-Württemberg (in German)
Residents of the Esslingen district can use the Covid-19 Drive-Thru Testing Centre on parking lot P30 at the Stuttgart Trade Fair Centre. A code is required. It can be obtained after a telephone diagnosis from the family doctor, the public health department or from the medical on-call service by calling 116117.
Prior registration is necessary.
The following documents must be presented at the entrance of the test centre:
- Health insurance card from the statutory health insurance company, if available. If you do not have your insurance card with you or if you are privately insured, your personal contact details will be collected on site using a registration form.
- Identity document
If you would like to make a claim for a free test, you must further provide
- Proof of your stay abroad: boarding pass (in paper or on your phone) or other documents, such as train ticket, hotel bill, travel agency documents
Self-pay pricing for Covid-19 testing is
- about 130 € for a PCR test
- 70 - 80 € for a rapid antigen test
You can pay by EC card or credit card.
When and Where?
Monday – Friday: 8 am – 6 pm
Saturday and Sunday: 10 am – 4 pm
Tests for self-payers are currently only available during the following times:
Monday - Thursday: 8 am – 12 pm
Friday: 9 am – 12 pm
Online appointment and by telephone arrangement afternoons as well: 0711 97469223
The test centre is located in Terminal 1 West. Please pay attention to the signs located throughout the terminals.
It currently takes at least 24 - 48 hours to get the test results. Results are sent by mail or can be retrieved from the laboratory. Further information is provided during the test.
Persons who tested positive will be informed by the responsible health authority and the laboratory. The public health department also gives instructions on how to proceed.
Rapid antigen test results take about one hour, but testing capacity is limited.
If you have questions regarding the test results, please contact the company CeGaT, which is commissioned for the tests. The hotline can be reached at +49 7071 565 44 20, Monday to Friday from 9 am to 4 pm, or via e-mail: email@example.com.
The following data should be provided or mentioned in the request:
- Name, first name
- Date of birth
- Test date
- Phone number
Please also note our general travel advice and current regulations.
Information regarding COVID-19 in Germany FAQ for people returning to Germany (in German) State of Baden-Württemberg (in German) Kassenärztliche Vereinigung Baden-Württemberg (KVBW) (in German)
Please note: All information is subject to reservation and without guarantee. Current and detailed information can be obtained from the official authorities/agencies. (Status: 13/11/2020)